May 12, 2011

My trip to Syracuse, NY

Last week thursday, my gf and I headed to Syracuse, NY for a surprise birthday celebration for one of if not, my bestest friend. It was awesome, she was totally surprised. She had no idea we would be there, her gf, my gf and I had been planning our visit for the past 5months with out her knowledge. The expression on her face was priceless! It was so nice to spend time with her, and her friends. We signed a lot, it was nice to sign again i forgot how many signs I knew, and actually remembered. It was also nice learning new ones, I had forgotten how much I love American Sign Language.

It was also nice cause her gf proposed to her, and I'm happy i got to be a part of that. I was able to sign to her what her gf wanted me to say. it was a beautiful day. I really miss them. and took some wonderful photos that I've been working on editing down. From about 800 photos, I also want to make them a surprise before I send them off.

Me, on one of our drive outs in Syracuse, NY
I've been battling with my weight. I'm really hoping that I can get everything worked out to do what i need to do, to be a happier healthier me. I'm tired of not being happy about my body.

also I'm excited for JIC (Jewish information classes) to start again, I enjoy spending my sunday afternoons at temple, with a group of people on the same path, I really just love it, and love finding myself, my history, and my soon to be more jewish self. and how to keep a jewish home some where that when my partner and I have children they will grow up with the traditions and stories a connection to their roots.

I plan on also taking more ASL courses sometimes this year, I really want to be fluent or close to it by the time i'm 30, i'll be 27 this year. I'm sure it's attainable, it would be easier if kemee lived closer and I had someone to sign to more often, plus it was just a lot of fun being able to hang out with her.


Kemee and I, no idea what we're doing, but i love this photo

The putting the ring on the finger moment <3

1 comment:

  1. Aweweweweww jaquey!! I love what you wrote, and it makes me miss you even more! i love you so much, you are the best friend a girl could ask for and I mean that. You have been here for me when those other people I call my best friend were not. I love the picture of you, I have no idea what we were doing but it captures our closeness. :-* i wish i could go into the room and bug u right now.

    before I go I have to tell u this so u would laugh, so I was looking I think on my page and I saw the post that u commented on and I'm sitting here like who is J.Elizabeth and why does she have my twins picture?.... Blonde moment.... Love you!

    ReplyDelete